If you are looking for a newly paved driveway, private road, golf cart path, walkway, or any other feature, we can help. Our team is here to work with you and your space and design something unique that fulfills your needs. Asphalt paving is a great way to add a reliable driveway that is long lasting, or to create a circular parking lot across your property for the arrival of friends and family over the holidays. Asphalt provides an affordable option for poolside patios, backyard walkways and entertainment, and more.
At Columbus Asphalt Paving Pros, we know the appeal of asphalt paving. Asphalt for your home can not only provide a comprehensive exterior, but asphalt is durable. When you rely on our experienced contractors to install an asphalt driveway, and you make sure to perform preventive maintenance regularly, it can last up to 20 years.
Some types of asphalt are very porous and allow water to pass through to the gravel base layer so that it's filtered immediately back into the ground. You can also work with our team to design a layout that redirects water elsewhere in your parking lot or your home.
Asphalt paving is very safe in large part thanks to the skid resistance. Similarly, the dark color melts snow and ice faster than a lighter color associated with materials like concrete. For residents who endure the Ohio winters, this can be one of the most attractive qualities.
Reach out to Columbus Asphalt Paving Pros. for your paving needs.
Call us at 614-347-0876 to make your appointment today.
There are different types of asphalt our contractors specialize in depending on the services you require. For example:
Don’t worry if you don’t know which one is best for you and your home, or if you don’t have a preference. Our team of contractors can go over each option with you to evaluate the pros and cons once they have a look at your property. We can answer any questions you might have about each, and give a professional recommendation before we get started.
When you are ready for new asphalt paving, we will generally send someone to examine the property and give you an estimate. At this time they can work with you to create a customized residential solution, perfect for your space.
Once everything is ready to go, the real fun begins.
1. First, our team of contractors and paving experts will remove the existing surface and get rid of it. If you already have asphalt in place, we can recycle that and use it for future projects.
2. Second, our team will grade and slope the surface. This helps to drain any water from your pavement into another area so that you don't accidentally convert your new driveway into a wading pool. There are some cases where our contractors need to reshape the area to create a sloping surface for this water removal.
3. Third, we will lay the subbase, the bottom most layer. This serves as support for the new asphalt.
4. Fourth, our team will provide a binding layer which makes the new paving project more durable. The proof roll will test whether the first two layers will support the new asphalt or whether we need to add more. If you need more, we can dig a few extra feet below the surface and increase the aggregate material under the new pavement.
5. Fifth, the final asphalt layer will be added and the surface smoothed out to perfection.